Mapping LIS Education Programs: Professional, Education and Research Perspectives
Date and time: February 9, 2021, 3:00-4:30 pm Chicago / February 10, 8:00-9:30 am Melbourne
[For your local time, check https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/]
FREE webinar – Register at go.illinois.edu/bslise
The IFLA Building Strong LIS Education (BSLISE) Working Group invites you to the Mapping Library and Information Science (LIS) Education Programs webinar to learn about the international survey, directory and map of LIS education programs developed as a response to one of the recommendations of the IFLA Building Strong LIS Education White Paper (2018). Technical specialists will present the development of the survey, directory and map, and provide a demonstration. LIS leaders will address opportunities, needs and sustainability of the directory and map from professional, education and research perspectives.
- Christine Mackenzie, President, International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (https://www.ifla.org/); Freelance Librarian (Australia)
- Sandra Hirsh, President, Association for Library and Information Science Education (https://www.alise.org/); Associate Dean of Academics, College of Professional and Global Education, San Jose State University (United States)
- Carlos Alberto Ávila Araújo, President, Asociación de Educación e Investigación en Ciencia de la Información de Iberoamérica y el Caribe (http://www.edicic.org/); Associate Professor, School of Information Science, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil)
- Nuria Bautista-Puig, Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Industrial Management, University of Gävle (Sweden)
- Tiago Braga, General Coordinator of Information and Computer Technologies, Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia (Brazil)
- Chris Cunningham, Adjunct Professor, North Carolina Central University (United States)
- Fatih Oguz, Associate Professor, Department of Library and Information Science, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (United States)
- Clara M. Chu, Director and Mortenson Distinguished Professor, Mortenson Center for International Library Programs, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (United States)
- Jaya Raju, Professor and Head, Department of Knowledge and Information Stewardship, University of Cape Town (South Africa)
The BSLISE Working Group is an initiative of the IFLA Education and Training Section (SET), LIS Education in Developing Countries Special Interest Group (LISEDC SIG), and Library Theory and Research (LTR) Section. To learn more, visit https://bslise.org/.